Email Verification Directions

Discussion in 'English' started by Emikat, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emikat
    Approved

Emikat Meeces FTW!

Email Verification Directions (aol.com format)
    After much trial and error, and finally getting it to work, I have found out what seems to be the easiest way to get the email confirmation to work. I showed it to my friends who were having trouble, and it helped them, so I decided to post it on the forums.
    ~I use aol, so this guide is how to use aol.com email for verification.
    Some important tips:
    *Do NOT click out of the box where you enter the 5-digit code into, or the code (when you finally get it) will not be accepted, and you will have to start the process over again.
    *If you have already tried with one email address, do NOT attempt to use the same email address a second time.Once it has sent a code to you, it will not send a code to the same address.
    *For whatever reason, people with Yahoo or other email account types are having difficulty receiving the email. AOL.com seems to be the fastest way to finish the verification process (I have heard that Gmail works too).
    *If you have more than one TFM account, you will need to use a different email account for each TFM account. It will not send to the same account twice.
    **While following the steps listed below, it is extremely important that you do not allow your user on TFM to be afk long enough to be disconnected from server. If you are disconnected for whatever reason, you will need to start over again.
    Try following these steps to get your email verified:
    1. Go to aol.com and create a new email account. It's free and doesnt take long.
    2. Log in to your new email account.
    3. In a separate window , log on to your Transformice account. You should see a window where you can enter your email account into 2 blanks.
    4. Enter your new aol email account into the blanks, and click 'submit'. You should now see a blank where you can enter your 5-digit confirmation code. Do not click out of that window or you will have to start all over again because the code you get sent will no longer work.
    5. Switch over to the window where you are logged in to your email. It may take a few moments (depending on the speed of your computer) and you will most likely have to refresh once or twice before you receive the email.
    6. Once you receive the email, Copy and paste your 5-digit confirmation code into the blank on your TFM screen. Remember closing out that box at any point in this process makes the code invalid.
    7. Click submit to send in your verification code, and if successful...Ta-daa! You will receive your new cheese earrings and 40 cheese, plus be given the option of changing your password. Congrats you have verified your email!
    I hope that this helps:angelic:
    Alphawolf, Micedmeat and Ordboka like this.
  2. Phinea
    In-Love

Phinea Professional Mouse

Can't wait to see this when it's done Emi! Thank you so much for taking the time <3

EDIT: Glad you got it finished! This is a big help ^.^
    Hellebaard and Broodjesaap like this.
  3. Alphawolf
    Om Nom Nom

Alphawolf Master of Cheese

I never received mine. Q.Q
  4. Micedmeat
    Bored

Micedmeat Prodigy Mouse

Sometimes your email may go to your junk box, check it there
  5. Tapmaniac
    Sporty

Tapmaniac Master of Cheese

what happen to me: So i put my email. once i did, i check my email or junk box and it wasnt there for like 10 minutes..so i guess its one of the problems that you stated. Btw, if i close the box where you put code, and next time i re-enter transformice,how do i access it again? Do i have to put my same address for it show up? thats what im guessing if i get my code from the email..
  6. Ordboka
    Early Bird

Ordboka VK Minimod | VK Translator CFM Minimod

I got mine after 2 secs. I am using Gmail :)
  7. Emikat
    Approved

Emikat Meeces FTW!

I apologize, my first guide was incomplete due to unexpectedly losing my internet connection. I have since finished the guide and it is now the one u see above^.^'
    Alpha sorry plz try the steps from the finished directions and it should work
  8. Tapmaniac
    Sporty

Update: From what i heard, Gmail works the best. Its the fastest or all or AOL i think. See the problem is some emails are really slow to get emails. so i got the code verfitication but when i put in the box it said invalid. im guessing you have to put your email wice. DO NOT touch the box,just leave it there. Then wait about 15 minutes(Thats my estimated time) if you have yahoo.. just keep refreshing a couple times,Till you get the lastest transformice email. Use that code to put it in the code box in transformice,and you should get it.
  9. Emikat
    Approved

Emikat Meeces FTW!

yes i made the guide for using aol to verify it so i cant be certain how other email systems will work:confused:
  10. Tapmaniac
    Sporty

Well what i said,should work for Yahoo ;)
  11. Micedmeat
    Bored

Micedmeat Prodigy Mouse

I used hotmail and it was perfectly fine.
  12. Tapmaniac
    Sporty

OMG,so long for my yahoo.
  13. Ugomann
    Anime

Ugomann Retired Anime Staff ~ :3

So... I put in my e-mail, but I accidentally did the Verification Code wrong. Does that mean I need to make a new e-mail? :confused:
  14. Tapmaniac
    Sporty

No,you have to start the process all over again,waiting for the code.
  15. Alphawolf
    Om Nom Nom

Alphawolf Master of Cheese

16. Ugomann
    Anime

Ugomann Retired Anime Staff ~ :3

;~;'
  17. Tapmaniac
    Sporty

Whew!

Thanks for putting 110% into signing up for AOL accounts.

Love your passion! We'd also love a quick break to process your requests. Take a breather. Maybe grab a bite? You may qualify for additional registrations in 24 hours.
    Error code 420, thats what happen when i try to craete an aol account then.
  18. Emikat
    Approved

Emikat Meeces FTW!

umm i have no idea what that means....so im just gonna let kirby explain.

<(^.^)> *chatters in kirby talk*
    Alphawolf likes this.
  19. Tapmaniac
    Sporty

Nevermind. After all drama :p,i forgot about AOL,created Gmail account which was way simplier and takes less information. i did it and when i put email,i just got the transformice email in my gamil in like 1 minutes..It was in spam and activated. Thats how quick it was for Gmail.
  20. Joaoprooo
    Psychedelic

Joaoprooo Master of Cheese

I didinĀ“t receive mine :3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.