Guide to the Fraises event!

Discussion in 'English' started by Aguskyoko, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aguskyoko
    Tired

Aguskyoko Agus la Anguila | Translator

[​IMG]
    Hi qt mice!

Yesterday, June 20th, we had a special surprise in Transformice.

It all started after a server reboot. We all thought it was just the normal procedure, but then strange things started popping up in some maps and rooms.

The April Fool's map was re-introduced to the map rotation, plus we could use the famous Meep command in it. Meep was a command that first appared in the 2011 Halloween event, you could use it by pressing the spacebar to send mice away if they were close to you.

[​IMG]

If you complete it, nothing happens... yet.

Then, we had a new map:

[​IMG]

It's a bit hard to complete, but if you beat it you'll get this equation:
    [•] y = 2x² + 8x

We could also see some vanilla maps had changes.
    Let's start with map 0. Our classic vanilla map:

[​IMG]

After the reboot, a big, gray -F appeared on top of the map. Can you see it?

[​IMG]

Then, we can see 4 vanilla maps had something unusual hanging on some trees and on the floor: fraises!
    Those maps were the numbers 101, 106, 121 and 128.
    Map 101
    [​IMG]

Map 106
    [​IMG]

Map 121
    [​IMG]

Map 128
    [​IMG]
    In every map there were:
    1 fraise in map 101
    1 fraise in map 106
    2 fraises in map 121
    3 fraises in map 128

But what did these mean?
    The F on map 0 represents the FRAISES since it's the first letter of that word. The - sign denotes negativity. So, this meant the value of the fraises had to be negative. You are probably wondering, what does this work for?
    If you multiply the number of the maps with fraises, with the number of fraises each one of them has, you'll get new numbers. Using the -F hint, we can try to calculate this by changing the value of the fraises to negative. Now let's do the math:

101 * -1 fraise = -101
    106 * -1 fraise = -106
    121 * -2 fraises = -242
    128 * -3 fraises = -384

If we use these new numbers as rooms in-game, we get to these mysterious new rooms where we can find more hints to keep on solving this riddle.

[​IMG]
    Room -101:

[​IMG]

In the first room we can see map 850 and the time counter frozen in 00:00. There's something written on top of the map, it says: Y x 801.

Room -106:

[​IMG]

In the second room we have map 851, once again the time counter is frozen at 00:00. There's once again a text floating on the map, this time it's a link to a .mp3 song:
    http://www.transformice.com/kikou/pwet/rr.mp3
    If you hear the song, you'll notice it's the famous Rick Astley's song, "Never gonna give you up". This song is commonly used in internet to make a prank called "Rickrolling", in which people send misleading links to a person, that will redirect them to the song's music video.
    Also, there's a strange symbol at the left of the link:

Room -242:

[​IMG]

In the second room we have map 852, once again the time counter is frozen at 00:00. There's a picture of the 20 cheese Helmet, the first item of the shop. The background color is pink, specifically the hex code #a55a6f.

Room -384:

[​IMG]

In the last room we have map 853, once again the time counter is frozen at 00:00. There's a big black number on top of the map. Probably, some of you may have noticed that the number changes from time to time, but you don't know the reason behind it. The trick is the Pink Bow [​IMG]. When you are wearing it while in room -384, the number goes up one unit. So, if before I saw a 0, now the map changes:

[​IMG]

I know I'm naked there but I'm now wearing the pink bow, no idea why I have no clothes, maybe it's the community I was in.

When the number goes past 25, meaning there's 25 mice in the room wearing the pink bow, you get a link to a weird picture.
    http://www.transformice.com/woot/map.png

[​IMG]

We now ask ourselves, what can we do with all these hints and information?

[​IMG]
    If we gather up all of the hints and order them appropiately, we can find the solution.
    Let's do it step by step.

If you complete the April Fool's map, we had stated that nothing happened. This is because we weren't using the appropiate outfit so that something could happen. Put on the 20 cheese Helmet (first item of the shop and the one in room -242) and personalize it with the background color of map 852, the one in room -242 (#a55a6f). Then complete April Fool's map once again using that clothing:

[​IMG]

If you complete it, you get another hint:
    [•] x = 421

This was the info we were lacking. Now, let's solve the equation with the hints we gathered:

Hints:x = 421
    Y x 801

Equation:
    y = 2x² + 8x

y = 2 x 421² + 8 x 421
    y = 2 x 177241 + 3368
    y = 354482 + 3368
    y = 357850

Y x 801 = 357850 x 801 = 286637850

Yay! That's the result. Let's go to room 286637850. Here, we'll see another new map:

[​IMG]

Everything goes smoothly but... what should we do now?
  2. Aguskyoko
    Tired

[​IMG]
    After a while, the Admin team started giving out some clues to help us solve the riddle. By that moment, 2 players had completed the event... but they didn't even know what they had done. So we kept on trying to solve the mystery...

Tigrounette revealed a new clue:
    img [​IMG] mp3

Img meant: http://www.transformice.com/woot/map.png
    Mp3 meant: http://www.transformice.com/kikou/pwet/rr.mp3
    The [​IMG] symbol, is the same symbol that appears in room -106, next to the song link.
    What does these mean?

The symbol represents XOR, according to Wikipedia this means:
    I know this sounds crazy and difficult to understand for some people, let's try to explain it.
    Using the bitwise XOR operator, you can encrypt things like text, pictures, etc, using a given key. To decrypt it, you just reapply the XOR function with the key and that removes the cipher.
    We had to merge both the song and the given picture in room -106, in order to decrypt the picture and obtain the hidden, real picture that was encrypted within this.
    This way, we obtain a screenshot:
    http://i.imgur.com/IXoDR.png

[​IMG]

The screenshot comes from room 286637850, and it shows a mouse ducking. Besides, there's a number 10 at the top right of the picture. What is this screenshot for?

The Admins kept on mentioning the lyrics of Rick Astley's song:

"Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down"

If we try to understand it, we can see it relates to the screnshot http://i.imgur.com/IXoDR.png . It says "up" and "down", another way of saying it would be ducking and then raising up. So, the mystery was that we have to duck and we have to do it 10 times according to the screenshot
    But... where exactly should we do this?

If we see it, the capture is from room 286637850. We have to find where on the map is that mouse ducking.
    If we go back to room -106, and see the location of [​IMG], we can see it coincides with the location where we have to duck in room 286637850. I used Photoshop to put one picture above the other and used transparency effects to let you see the exact location according to where [​IMG] is:

[​IMG]

Surprise! The symbol of room -106 is located on the second column of the map in room 286637850. Effectively, that's where we have to duck!

[​IMG]
    We finally solved the riddle, it's time to claim our prizes for being intelligent mice!
    Go to room 286637850, positionate yourselves in the middle of the second top column of the map. Duck 10 times (you'll probably have to do it more times). Then, this window will pop up:

[​IMG]

Congratulations! You solved the riddle, and won 20 free fraises and a mouth item of a qt fraise!

I hope you enjoyed the event and my guide, if you are going to use it somewhere else please give me credit for it since it took me a lot of hours to make, and even more to translate it to English (the original guide is in Spanish).
    Also, let me know if you find any mistakes or misleading information.

Special thanks to the people who helped me yesterday to find the solution, and to the people in the OF that created a thread and were posting interesting data there.

Enjoy your prizes ♥

[​IMG]
  3. Homegood
    Pooptoast

Homegood Translator

Great, informative guide, agus <3
    Harutokun and Aguskyoko like this.
  4. Nekokairi
    Companioned

Nekokairi Wolf EN Helper // Adorable Chamane

This is a well made tutorial for a confusing event. Good job, Agusky.
    Nennai and Aguskyoko like this.
  5. Redditmaster
    Musical

Redditmaster Prodigy Mouse

Great thread Agusky
    Aguskyoko likes this.
  6. Aguskyoko
    Tired

Thanks guys ♥
    Imagine how confusing it is for me that I barely understand English, when I got to the part of explaining XOR I almost died LOL. Let me know if that's well explained, I don't even understand what it means in Spanish.
    Foxcatgirl and Nekokairi like this.
  7. Vannese
    No Mood

Vannese Master of Cheese

Really nice guide. ^^ I don't do events because once I find out about them, everyone is leaking the answers, and I'm glad, I can't do math :p
  8. Scabbesr
    Inactive

Scabbesr Master of Cheese

How on earth did you figure this out? I just saw a bunch of mice saying the room name. ​
  9. Brandonjade
    No Mood

Brandonjade Master of Cheese

Nice guide Agusk. Only thing I still don't understand is how to merge the song and the img together.... x. x But still Really nice guide :d
  10. Aguskyoko
    Tired

Well I kind of worked it out with a lot, A LOT of people. In my tribe house, in rooms, in Skype, lol. Then some things were quite hard for me and for my friends to find out so I just kept up with the threads in the OF forum, and tried to understand everything. Putting everything into a guide now was way easier than understanding it yesterday n.nU
    You need some kind of program than can encrypt those things together, using the XOR function. At least that's what I understand, and I didn't see someone who actually got the picture. Tig just gave it to us, probably thinking we'd never find out lol
    Foxcatgirl likes this.
  11. Brazucastens
    Irked

Brazucastens Retired BR Minimod | BR Translator

OMGF!
    Thank you so much *-*
    I have now 29 fraises, yay. TY AGUS <3
    Aguskyoko likes this.
  12. Teddyhelper
    Amused

Teddyhelper Master of Cheese

Awesome guide :love: I just noticed this because I'm a grammar dork, but 'ecuation' should be 'equation' in the first post. But yikes.. How on earth did anyone get any of this?
    Aguskyoko likes this.
  13. Aguskyoko
    Tired

Pom said she would edit that out omg now someone read it *blushes* ;;
    It's just that equation is "ecuación" in Spanish so I get a bit messed up, I'll fix it if it's still wrong.

It was sincerely hard, TOO HARD to get this. Not even the first winners knew what they had done, they ducked by accident and suddenly won the prizes. Poor qts lol everyone was spamming them as if they were selfish and didn't want to share what they knew.
    Foxcatgirl likes this.
  14. Zeldaswiss
    Hesitant

Zeldaswiss Master of Cheese

Thanks for making this ;w; so many numbers @-@ there's no way I could've figured that out.
    I love the strawberry, it's so cute in the mouse's mouth <3 xD
  15. Safwanrockz
    Clever

Safwanrockz EN/AR Helper & Shaman Poet♥

Wow, Agu, I went to that 286637850 room, and got my fraises, but I didn't know how you could find the name by solving the equation. I'm really impressed. :mlaugh:
  16. Harutokun
    Cuddly

Harutokun Prodigy Mouse

I don't know how but a mod whispered me and gave me 20 fraises and the mouth item :O :ajconfused:BUT SUPER HELPFUL THREAD ! :mhappy:
  17. Rinmikurin
    Anime

Rinmikurin Noobie Mouse

The mods said on DA that there's more ways to get fraises than just that, though.... >.>
    Epicnyancat likes this.
  18. Dawnlife
    Depressed

Dawnlife Rata's EN Miniwife | Cattish EN Helpamist CFM Minimod

Nice thread. Very helpful for the event. Nice job, Agusky qt. :mwink:
  19. Firzywazhere
    Creative

Firzywazhere Sage Mouse

This kinda reminds me of CSI. Transformice Edition.
    Aguskyoko likes this.
  20. Hakureimouse
    Disappointed

Hakureimouse Prodigy Mouse

Awesome guide! I still don't know how did they find out you had to multiply the fraises with the map number, and also add a minus e.e The "-F" hint doesn't tell much..

Did Tigrounette actually give out the merged picture?? I thought it was decrypted by the guy who wrote this: http://kikoo.formice.com/doku.php?id=puzzle_2 I actually tested his code and yeah it works, I got the picture from the two files o.o

I like how the riddles can be seen in more than one way. Like the [​IMG] symbol which, aside from indicating you had to XOR the files, is very close to the spot where you had to duck.. I wonder if Tig did that on purpose or was just a coincidence xD And the UP and DOWN hint.. the whole event was just brilliant!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.