Hotkeys

Discussion in 'Transformice Chat' started by Paradoxulary, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Paradoxulary
    Benevolent

Paradoxulary Birthday Mousie! :D

v1.1.0
    Hotkeys for Shaman Object Spawning
    Settings to automatically Rotate, Anchor, 'Ghost' & Spawn an object when selected with the hotkey
    Does not remap any keys, it just adds to them
    Does not work for clicking the objects in the scroll-box

Unzip the 'Transformice Hotkeys.exe' & run it
    Single-Click the Tray Icon or Right-Click & Select 'Edit Objects' & set all the object properties you want them to do when selected
    Turn CAPSLOCK ON when you're the Shaman for the hotkeys to be active
    Above all else the default 1-9 hotkeys should work with any screen resolution & windows version on any .exe or Browser that starts with the name 'Transformice' in the taskbar

Suggestions, Bugs & Complaints are welcome

Keys/Controls
    Capslock must be on for the object hotkeys to work
    1 = Arrow
    2 = Spirit/Totem
    3 = Balloon
    4 = Rune
    5 = Small Crate
    6 = Large Crate
    7 = Anvil
    8 = Small Plank
    9 = Large Plank
    0 = Ball (The number 0, not the letter)
    q = Left Cannon
    e = Right Cannon
    s = Down Cannon
    Tab = Custom
    r = Custom R
    ---
    /r = Typing '/r' followed by the enter key (or a space) will take you to the room designated in the GUI edit box in the lower right corner, this should be typed in the editbox of Transformice like a normal command

Downloads
    All are 32-bit unless someone specifically wants a 64-bit version
    375KB download size - 802KB uncompressed
    If your screen resolution is not here download the closest one & see if it works or post a message with your screen resolution
    Only tested on Windows 7, should work for any Windows version
    Tested on the official Transformice.exe & Bafflers.exe, should work for any & some browsers
    Transformice Hotkeys 1024x720 Screen Resolution
    Transformice Hotkeys 1024x768 Screen Resolution
    Transformice Hotkeys 1280x720 Screen Resolution
    Transformice Hotkeys 1280x768 Screen Resolution
    Transformice Hotkeys 1280x1024 Screen Resolution
    Transformice Hotkeys 1360x768 Screen Resolution - Also works for 1366x768
    Transformice Hotkeys 1600x900 Screen Resolution
    Transformice Hotkeys 1680x1050 Screen Resolution

Images
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Notes/Bugs
    - The Custom object can be selected with the 'Tab' key in-game
    - The Custom R object can be selected with the 'r' key in-game
    - The only difference between resolution versions is the '0', 'q', 'e' & 's' keys will not spawn their corosponding objects if the screen resolution is not correct
    - If Transformice is not in the center of the screen the '0', 'q', 'e' & 's' keys will not work
    - If the '0', 'q', 'e' & 's' keys don't work correctly neither will selecting the 'Ball', or any of the 'Cannons' as the Custom object
    - Tested on the official Transformice.exe & Bafflers.exe, should work for any window with a name that starts with 'Transformice', including browsers
    - Turn CAPSLOCK ON when you're the Shaman for the hotkeys to be active & turn it back off when you're not
    - In maps with Portals the 'q' & 'e' keys spawn the portals, '0' & 's' spawn the horizontal cannons
    - Currently Anchor only supports single Anchoring (Pressing the Anchor key once), this can be changed by editing the .ini file & changing the Anchor property of the object you want to change to 'cc' or 'ccc' or whatever Anchor type you want it to use, editing the .ini file will most likely revert the settings back to default if you open/close the GUI
    - Transformice Bug - If you cycle (pressing a hotkey after a hotkey without clicking an object in the scroll box or spawning the selected object) through the objects with the hotkeys (& attach an Anchor to an object then select another object [citation needed]), you will be unable to add an Anchor to that object
    - There may or may not be a small error that causes the text of the 'Spawn' checkbox to disappear, to fix this just close the GUI & reopen it

Things-To-Add
    - Multi-Anchoring
    - Infinite Conjure button for Conjure maps
    - Multi-Spawn
    - Show Mouse Position when spawning an Object
    - Some key combination 'CTRL+TAB' to auto-login
    - Slightly larger GUI or remove useless text

Changelog
    v1.1.0
    - Fixed Double-Click on Tray Icon Error Window
    - Added secondary Custom Object to the 'r' button
    - Added '/r' command to go to room designated in the GUI edit box in the lower right corner (CAPSLOCK ON is not required)
    Full Changelog
    Improv, Skulky, Katehh and 2 other mice like this.
  2. Shinymew
    No Mood

Shinymew Mouse Goddess

I think there was a thread like that somewhere. Let me find it...
    Nessiesama likes this.
  3. Nessiesama
    Cookies

Nessiesama Mouse Goddess

That's probably Thejkb's hotkey thread
    Ihateitwhenimusingsurvivor
  4. Densgirl
    Anime

Densgirl Master of Cheese

honestly it would be nice to have hotkeys for everything....
    because they left out the cannons and some others...
    i mean if they ran out of numbers they could use letters instead like...

A = Arrow
    B = Spirit/Totem
    C = Balloon
    D = Rune

ect
  5. Shinymew
    No Mood

Shinymew Mouse Goddess

6. Pwnageking
    Angelic

Pwnageking Prodigy Mouse

I used the 1024 x 768 one and my resolution is correct, BUT Q spawns a down cannon and E spawns a ball ;_;
    But I must say, this script is extremely easy to use.
    And please make a 1280 x 1024 one
    EDIT: The 1024 x 768 works on 1024 x 720 resolution.
  7. Paradoxulary
    Benevolent

I couldn't exactly tell what resolution you specifically wanted so i added both [1280x1024 & 1024x720]
  8. Laurbear
    Lovely

Laurbear Challenge Accepted

If you thought about it though, all those letters would be spaced out. o:
    -
    &This looks neat.. although, it seems too complex for Laur ;-; Lmao, heck.. I'm still trying to learn the original hotkeys for this game. ..I only know my anchors, the arrow, &the spirit/totem. ;-;
  9. Paradoxulary
    Benevolent

Keys A-D are already occupied by anchor controls & movement… if there were hotkeys for the ball, cannons, portals & trampoline then i wouldn't need to have a different version for each screen resolution
  10. Pwnageking
    Angelic

Pwnageking Prodigy Mouse

Thanks Paradoxulary.
    But then again, there's another problem. This script is extremely easy to use. Too easy. If this script became popular, everyone would be using it and it will ruin minigames such as fight. I guess such problems are inevitable.
    Anyways, good job Para. It's super cool! :mgrin:
  11. Paradoxulary
    Benevolent

Added two things (three if you count the GUI being slightly faster, not that it's noticable) & fixed something
    Also added versioning & a changelog… & may have inadvertently created a new (smaller) error about the text of a certain checkbox disappearing
    I doubt it will be used by many, it is merely meant to expand on what is already in the games hotkeys
    I wrote it with the thought of using it in normal or vanilla rooms
    As for the minigames, i wasn't aware they were still active, other than survivor, bootcamp & racing, either way it only allows you to spawn an object without the delay of having to select it with a hotkey or from the menu & putting anchors & invisibility on it
  12. Pwnageking
    Angelic

Pwnageking Prodigy Mouse

I tried the 1280 x 1024 one. E spawns a small plank, Q spawns a big plank and s spawns an anvil :/
    It's working alright, just that the item it selects are higher up. Can you make it lower? Thanks.
    Or maybe it's because I'm using windows XP...
  13. Paradoxulary
    Benevolent

Are you absolutely sure you have the correct screen resolution, have you made sure you can scroll the objects window with the mouse wheel '/scroll', does it spawn the wrong object if the object window is scrolled to the bottom, when it's scrolled to the top & you press one of the keys does it scroll all the way to the bottom, when the mouse selects the object in the small time you can see the mouse being moved automatically is it selecting the wrong object in the center of is it on the edge of the objects selection hitbox, is Transformice in the center of the screen?
    This should work http://www.mediafire.com/?fj60jwasw448xfo
  14. Pwnageking
    Angelic

Pwnageking Prodigy Mouse

I'm absolutely certain that my screen resolution is 1280 x 1024.
    I tried the new one you uploaded. Well, it is lower but it needs to be just a little lower. Because now Q spawns a down cannon, E spawns a ball and S spawns a plank. When I press Q the mouse clicks on the bottom right part of the down cannon. When I press E the mouse clicks on the center right part of the ball and when I press S the mouse clicks on the center right part of the plank.
    Yeah, when I press a key the object window automatically scrolls down. And transformice is in the center of my screen.
    Like I said, it could be because I'm using windows XP.
  15. Paradoxulary
    Benevolent

16. Jellyscent
    Amazed

Jellyscent Prodigy Mouse

Ugh, I hate it when a shaman uses hotkeys in survivor. Because it's easier to die! T_T
  17. Gpiggies
    Overworked

Gpiggies Noobie Mouse

I hate it when people use hotkeys in survivor. Please TFM, Get rid of hotkeys in survivor. ;w;
  18. Jellyscent
    Amazed

Jellyscent Prodigy Mouse

I agree!
  19. Pwnageking
    Angelic

Pwnageking Prodigy Mouse

Great news! The E and S keys work perfectly! But when I press Q, the mouse clicks just 1 millimeter below the left cannon so it can't be selected. Anyway, thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it! :D
  20. Paradoxulary
    Benevolent