How do you become a mod?

Discussion in 'English' started by Kavablack, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kavablack
    Depressed

Kavablack Prodigy Mouse

I really want to be a moderator. How do you become one? Please tell me! Pleeeeease. :D
  2. Pompomball
    Companioned

Pompomball ex cfm hedgie admin ♥

Uh. What kind of mod? (Like for in-game?)
    Generally, though, if you ask, there's less chance of you becoming one, especially if there are no spots open.
  3. Superchub
    Cheerful

Superchub Master of Cheese

If you really want to be a Mod, I recommend that you PM a Mod and speak to them.
  4. Simpleasthat
    Lemunaed

Simpleasthat Retired Staff | Mouse Goddess

Cheeseformice Mod- I, including the forum, have no idea yet because Sourdough's the only one so far. You'll have to PM or message her in her status. I personally don't think she'll be adding anybody but herself at the moment, though. Everything is going just fine.

In-Game- It's a good chance to be a moderator if you're not mean, cruel, or use language. You should have a sense of good grammar, too. It also helps if you have good stats. Knowing the administrators personally is a big plus. Your best bet, however, is to PM a mod yourself. All the mods' names are available on the home page of Cheeseformice... there's a link to them and their ranks. I forget what it's called... Staff of something.

Good luck!
  5. Kavablack
    Depressed

Kavablack Prodigy Mouse

Okay, thank you so much guys! :D:D:D:D:D:D
  6. Sourdough
    Doughnuts

Sourdough Mistress of Muffins CFM Admin

Just in general to become a mod for any site/game a good rule of thumb is don't ask to be because it just annoys the admins. Get to know them, but don't be always messaging them because then you're annoying them. Be a good law abiding member of the community, having some kind of "extraordinary contributions" always helps. For Transformice, you don't need super hax0r stats to become a mod since as you can see many of them have pretty mediocre stats. Basically, just be active and show you are mature and that will put you on track to be a good candidate. :]
    Wildflamerc, Scupcake and Milllli like this.
  7. Kavablack
    Depressed

Kavablack Prodigy Mouse

Okay, thank you for the awesome advice! ^^ What do you mean by "extraordinary contributions"?
  8. Sourdough
    Doughnuts

Could be anything. Maybe you're good at making maps, or reporting hackers, or writing tutorials. Anything that makes you stand out from the average user will give you an edge up when the go to choose new mods.
    Rainbowlion likes this.
  9. Kavablack
    Depressed

Kavablack Prodigy Mouse

How do you know you have no chance? Maybe the admins are working on it right now... (I hope). And at least you're better off than me. No mod's ever talked to me yet.

P.S. Thanks a bunch Sourdough!
  10. Werewolfwiz
    Cheerful

Werewolfwiz Cheese Enthusiast

Lol. You will not get it as quick as that. Mods have other things to deal with. Also they admins are barely on to give moderator ship so don't be sad.
    Sabusha likes this.
  11. Kavablack
    Depressed

Kavablack Prodigy Mouse

So it might take years and years? D=
  12. Simpleasthat
    Lemunaed

Couldn't have said it better :p

In my tribe, I was briefly doing tests for the right to be a Spiritual Chief and almost every 5 minutes someone was asking me, 'Can I be SC?' It's really annoying -.- so I stopped doing that.

It won't take 'years and years'... Transformice hasn't been up for a year at all! It will take some time, though.
  13. Kavablack
    Depressed

Kavablack Prodigy Mouse

Oh okay. I was freaking out there for a second. :D
  14. Simpleasthat
    Lemunaed

Haha... :p
  15. Meloni
    Bookworm

Meloni Prodigy Mouse

I know 3 mods!
    Redditguy
    Utrolig
    Uniformation

WANNA BE A MOD BE A MOD MOD MOD MOD MOOD! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  16. Kavablack
    Depressed

Kavablack Prodigy Mouse

Uh... that's really, really great for you, looks like you'll be one soon (I think) ^_^

You want to be a mod mood? :p
  17. Simpleasthat
    Lemunaed

I hate to say it, but that's exactly how you DON'T become a mod... (The part I bolded in the quote) ^^
    Yeah, Redditguy's around lots in bootcamp, seen him quite often. Don't really talk to him though, so I can't say I know him. Only other mod I've seen more than once is Whoever. Seen Tig twice but doesn't talk so doesn't count...
  18. Kavablack
    Depressed

Kavablack Prodigy Mouse

You guys are so much better off than me though. (lucky!) I play a lot but I suck at the game and I don't know ANY moderators. T_T
  19. Simpleasthat
    Lemunaed

It's okay... *gives cookie* ;)
  20. Sourdough
    Doughnuts

Knowing mods is a plus, but it isn't necessary. From what I understand, Ley hires most of the mods, and she is usually in disguise on a guest account. :]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.