Minigame Prop Hunt

Discussion in 'Minigames & LUA Scripting' started by Zalbra, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Zalbra
    Gamer

Zalbra Master of Cheese

Prop Hunt is a game where you can turn into any decoration you want by walking over it and pressing E! Use this to disguise yourself and blend in with the map, and maybe you'll survive. You can press SPACE to hide your nametag and lock yourself in place.
    Make sure you're aligned properly, blend in with your surroundings, and if you have to, make a run for it!

Untitled.png
    Shamans have to go around and look for all of the mice by pressing SPACE, but there are consequences if they don't look closely! They have three lives as displayed above their heads, and one is taken away each time they tap SPACE but don't find a mouse.
    The shaman's view is hidden for the first 30 seconds of the round, so they can't see where the mice are hiding.

With only 30 seconds of time remaining, everyone gets cheese and has to make a dash for the hole - but beware, because the shaman can still catch you.
    Inspiration for this game was taken from the Garry's Mod and Team Fortress 2 minigames of the same name, with some additional ideas coming from Hidenseek.

Now you can change the direction you're facing, so you can fit in with the maps even better! Just press the arrow on your keyboard of the direction you want to face and boom! A big thanks to Evilsantah for flipping all of the images.

November 28, 2013

Notes
    1. Development started on 04/10/2013, the day that images were available to use in modules. The gameplay was pretty functional that day but of course has changed over time too.
    2. For extra information for the game, while you're in prophunt, type in !help and you will recieve more information.
    3. People with Ξ infront of their name are talking in !p chat, which only props can see (so you can discuss strategies without the shaman seeing).
    4. This module is official as of November 28, 2013, and runs in several prophunts, but make sure to put a # in front of it!

(Credits go to Shamousey and Jaackster for making this minigame)

Map submission thread: http://www.transformice.com/forum/?s=469395&p=0
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  2. Safwanrockz
    Singing

Safwanrockz EN/AR Helper & Shaman Poet♥

It's seriously an amazing minigame o/
    Nennai likes this.
  3. Jujubitz
    Caffeine

Jujubitz Translator

I'm scared because for me transformice is starting to get very similar to tf2
  4. Zalbra
    Gamer

Zalbra Master of Cheese

5. Jujubitz
    Caffeine

Jujubitz Translator

Team Fortress 2
    "Inspiration for this game was taken from the Garry's Mod and Team Fortress 2" c:
    I used to play prop hunt a lot on tf2...
  6. Gayali
    Sick

Gayali Mouse Goddess

I love this game. ♥‿♥

Just one question though, is there anyway to choose to be another decoration after you've chosen one already?
  7. Zalbra
    Gamer

Zalbra Master of Cheese

Just press e again on the object you want to transform into!
  8. Hophipmice
    Alone

Hophipmice Cheese Enthusiast

I love this mini game, awesome idea and put together really well and made an amazing module.
    Good job Shamousey and Jaackster.
  9. Shamousey
    Cynical

Shamousey Loser EN Helper Subleader TFM Map Crew

Slowly getting more and more maps for it, which is making it much more fun *-*

Custom decorations anyone?
  10. Varstable
    Happy

Varstable Professional Mouse

This minigame is so cool \o/
  11. Xxveirocksxx
    Balanced

Xxveirocksxx Cheese Enthusiast

I love this minigame. Especially when the shaman is close, and I'm running. It's so exciting!
    Shamousey likes this.
  12. Iliyana
    Blah

Iliyana Professional Mouse

its fun to play but ;; when i visit the room, theres a few mice on the room ;-; and the game havent load/start yet. i do visit them everyday and make me upset ;-;
  13. Zalbra
    Gamer

Zalbra Master of Cheese

You might wanna check if Shamousey is on (/c shamousey) and ask to load the game because if the game hasnt loaded then you cant play the game, and that is probably the cause of the lack of mice.
  14. Shamousey
    Cynical

You don't need to ask me to launch it now, the minigame was made official earlier today!
  15. Zalbra
    Gamer

Zalbra Master of Cheese

Really?! Congratulations!

Shamousey, do you know when prophunt made?
    And what does it mean when someone has a Ξ infront of their name?
    Ex: Ξ [Zalbra] Hi
  16. Shamousey
    Cynical

Development started on 04/10/2013, the day that images were available to use in modules. The gameplay was pretty functional that day but of course has changed over time too.

People with Ξ infront of their name are talking in !p chat, which only props can see (so you can discuss strategies without the shaman seeing).
  17. Zalbra
    Gamer

Zalbra Master of Cheese

Yay, thanks for the information :)
  18. Everloved
    Lovely

Everloved Sage Mouse

Annoying how the shaman can kill
    after 30 seconds -.-
    He/she can hole camp and kill

*Be Aware*
  19. Shamousey
    Cynical

It's an extra challenge - don't just hide yourself anywhere but try to position yourself in a place where you'll have easy access to the hole. If you manage to fall down onto the hole or cornerjump something, usually you're moving too fast for the shaman to catch you.

Am I facing left?

[​IMG]

Or am I facing right?!

[​IMG]

Now you can change the direction you're facing, so you can fit in with the maps even better!

A big thanks to Evilsantah for flipping all of the images.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  20. Blaaagh
    Alienated

Blaaagh Noobie Mouse

Surely it is a bit obvious when you see a random barrel chilling?

:p

But nice game!