Anomunus
egg
Awards
  • Little Mouse
  • Happy New Year 2020
  • Thanksgiving 2019
barrydarsow’s legacy returns YES
anne i can't wait for the return of the daddy's n*****s quote

btw @ CFM staff: I don't know what back-up copy of quotes you were provided with but it's possible to find old quotes, along with their associated ratings as well as internal ID numbers (but no comments) from old CFM via Internet Archive's Wayback Machine

^ example of random cached date (in 2014) of the quotes page

^ last known cache date of highest rated quotes

i don't know how your quotes system will work but if you're able to manually add back even just the top rated quotes that would give new cfm quotes a great head start (and beat out anvil god in one aspect where I feel it truly failed)

Grimrice
Drifter ~
Awards
  • Happy New Year 2020
  • Thanksgiving 2019
  • Halloween 2019
that's completely understandable! i didn't expect to see all the old quotes again. quite frankly, i'm pretty glad it's gonna be a clean slate.
I support this, a fresh clean state - also why not bring in categories of years quotes inputted e.g
2015 and so on or from present year onward.

that way if people do want to see old people's quotes they can. Just suggesting this, would look cool.

Danielle

Neko Dani
Verified User
CDT Team
Awards
  • Happy New Year 2020
  • Community Development Team Member
  • 2 Factor Authentication
  • Thanksgiving 2019
  • Halloween 2019
fawxy actually posted this on the official cfm discord!
it's the quotes section that's currently a wip and to me it looks about done! :D

Anomunus
egg
Awards
  • Little Mouse
  • Happy New Year 2020
  • Thanksgiving 2019
fawxy actually posted this on the official cfm discord!
it's the quotes section that's currently a wip and to me it looks about done! :D
mmm...... i don't think so. the current state is closer to an alpha than even a beta release

the functionality is pretty limited - there's only 3 pieces of info per quote (ID, timestamp, string). IMO a proper quote should at least have an author field too (more on that below). There's other features that I'd like to see (voting system, commenting) that will bring it to the standard set by the original CFM; but if those don't get implemented in the near future I guess I can live without those for now.
I also see that there's a placeholder for what appears to be a reporting system (the x at the end of each quote, which leads to a random link, which i also notice is drawn from a bank and each link is randomized on every load of the page)

But the thing I dislike the most right now is that it's open to ANYONE to submit something without even being logged in.... which will lead to a LOT of spam....... you know spam bots can make submissions to forms right? through our contact form we get a lot of spam submissions at my workplace lol
There's no evidence of that being done from what's been placed online. Once an author system is in place (must be linked to CFM log in, also preferably you can link to an author's list of submitted quotes from their profile) that will help to legitimize the quotes feature.

wait i just read the other post Fawxy made saying there'll be a login feature soon... can't wait for that to be implemented!! :)
(hopefully will come with a reporting feature too)

having said that, I hope to see the functionality of this feature grow, and a final product to turn out like the original system!!

Danielle

Neko Dani
Verified User
CDT Team
Awards
  • Happy New Year 2020
  • 2 Factor Authentication
  • Thanksgiving 2019
  • Halloween 2019
fawxy is actually working on making it required for you to login in order to post. the spam thing was actually proven today (someone posted 5k+ of the same thing... yikes)
we'll also have something that tells us who submitted it as well as (as you can see) a way to report spam or inappropriate things.
i'm pretty sure liking/disliking a quote will be a function too :)
but the first thing that's gonna be done is making it restricted to those with an account as that will help minimise spam a little bit.

Fawxy

CFM Admin
CFM Admin
Verified User
Awards
  • Little Mouse
  • Easter 2020
  • Happy New Year 2020
  • Christmas 2019
  • Rakashrug
Yep, as lil stated, i'm implemented where you'll be required to be logged into the forums in order to post. This will relieve the stress on spam posts in quotes.

Fawxy

CFM Admin
CFM Admin
Verified User
Awards
  • Little Mouse
  • Easter 2020
  • Happy New Year 2020
  • Christmas 2019
  • Rakashrug
This has now been implemented. You'll need to be logged into the forums in order to post. I'll soon be making changes where whichever privlages you have on the forums (staff wise) can edit, and delete quotes. Moved into approved. :)